Monday, August 1, 2011

July went FAST!


OK, how many of you thought this year's Tour de France went really fast? I kept some of the stages on our DVR so I can go back and watch again! It was different not having Lance Armstrong there since he's been in almost every TdF I have ever seen but it was still a very exciting race. It was great for the American teams (BMC, Garmin-Cervelo, HTC-Highroad), new teams (Leopard Trek) and seasoned veteran (George Hincapie)! Congratulations to Cadel Evans (BMC)...great job!!!! You are a true CHAMPION!
FACTS:
I have raised $3,058 to date 
13 days till my birthday (I'll be 14)
20 days till my next race
60 days till I need to turn in my fundraising money
76 days till I'll be riding in Austin's LIVESTRONG Challenge


CYCLING:
I'm training, training and training because the racing season has slowed way down. I've been working on many areas of my cycling including longer rides with my parents so we will all be ready to ride our 45 miles in Austin.

FUNDRAISING NEWS:
 I held my auction on eBay and sold the Sports Illustrated signed by Lance Armstrong and the Discovery Cycling cap signed by George Hincapie. It was great because the Sports Illustrated was purchased by a lady who follows me on Twitter. The cap was purchased by a family whose son races on my team. I didn't even know until the auction was over! How cool is that!?! They were both really excited to have won these items.

My friend Noah is planning a big BBQ/auction fundraiser in September. It's going to a great evening! It's a perfect way for him to honor his friend, Scott Raffe, and help me reach my goal. The other awesome part is Biju Thomas is going to be the guest chef. He's the team chef at MapMyFitness and also works with Team Radioshack cooking for the guys. I met him last month and so excited he will be part of this evening. I wish to thank Noah and Biju for their help to help me,
 HELP THE 28 MILLION LIVING WITH CANCER!

I am also holding a raffle. I will be raffling the OU autographed jersey (signed by Adrian Peterson, Roy Williams, Mark Clayton and Tommie Harris) as the Grand Prize and the second item will be a  $50 gift card from Funky Monkey! Funky Monkey features designer apparel, shoes and accessories for the entire family. We are also waiting to hear from two other potential donors so I'll keep you posted! The raffle tickets will be $1 or you can buy a book of 10 for $10. If you are interested in buying a raffle ticket contact me and let me know.


I will be having a LIVESTRONG Garage Sale and Lemonade stand on August 6th. 100% of the proceeds will benefit LIVESTRONG. I am still planning to hold more fundraising events details will follow as they become available!

 I am very excited with the amount of donations I have already received but the fight is still on to defeat cancer. And, I still have a long way to go to reach my goal.

If you are still trying to decide if you want to contribute consider this statement from the Greg Lee, CFO of LIVESTRONG: "At the foundation, more than $245 million (81% of each dollar spent) has been invested directly in cancer programs, initiatives and advocacy efforts to change the way the world fights cancer." Read more here http://bit.ly/m4Furc.

Please consider making a donation. Your tax deductible contribution would be one more weapon in this fight and would go a long way to help meet the needs of millions. You can donate online at http://austin2011.livestrong.org/lukeisthebikeman. Don't forget you can also follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/lukethebikeman


 Thank you in advance for your time and generosity. I look forward to hearing from you and will be sure to keep you updated on my fundraising and training progress as I prepare for this event.

LIVESTRONG

No comments:

Post a Comment