Thursday, July 12, 2012

100%

I hear my parents say all the time “where has the time gone?”. I am kind of thinking the same thing. WOW! It really isn’t too long now till so many things happen!! I thought I would send you an update on how things are going!

FACTS:
My fundraising goal is $20,000
I have raised $4,246 to date
8 weeks till the Luke’s 5-Line Ride
11 weeks till I need to turn in my fundraising money
14 weeks till I'll be riding in Austin's LIVESTRONG Challenge

CYCLING:
I'm getting in lots of base miles because the racing season has slowed way down. I've been working on many areas of my cycling so I will be ready to ride 65 miles in Austin.

FUNDRAISING NEWS:
I am still selling 5-Line t-shirts and decals at Dwelling Spaces in Tulsa, or you can contact me if you’d like to purchase one of these items.
100% of the proceeds will benefit LIVESTRONG.


I am raffling off a 2012 Trek LIVESTRONG FX bike. The raffle tickets are only $5 and, again, you can contact me to purchase.
100% of the proceeds will benefit LIVESTRONG.

I held a LIVESTRONG garage sale this past weekend and raised over $600!! I will be holding another sale as soon as I can gather some more items from family, friends and neighbors!
100% of the proceeds will benefit LIVESTRONG.

The biggest news is we are putting all the pieces together on the Luke’s 5-Line Ride. We have had riders signing up...how cool is that!?! We are lucky to have support from the local community in Boise City and the surrounding towns! I have to give a big thank to my Tulsa friends (who don’t want a lot of glory) but who are a huge help to make this ride a great time! I think it’s so cool that all our riders will be covered by ICE.events (In Case of Emergency). ICE.events is a system connecting your bib number to your identification, medical information and emergency contacts. If you’d like to come and ride with us you can get registered at https://www.usacycling.org/events/index.php?event=2054&year=2012. There is a limited number of spots so sign up early!

Registration for the ride is $250 ($200 will be tax-deductible and going straight to LIVESTRONG) Remember: This includes complimentary lodging in the bunk house for the first 25 riders and tent accomodations for the next 25, 4 meals and ride entry!!

I am very excited with the amount of donations I have already received but the fight is still on to defeat cancer. And, I still have a long way to go to reach my goal. If you are still trying to decide if you want to contribute please consider this:

Where the Money Goes

LIVESTRONG endeavors to be the best possible stewards of the outstanding financial commitments made by its donors and partners and to leverage those funds in the global fight against cancer.
We gratefully thank our donors on behalf of the people served through your generosity.
Making a donation—at any level—can be a complex and difficult decision. For that reason, we are as transparent as possible about how we have been, and will continue to be, good stewards of your gifts.
Since our inception, we have raised more than $400 million dollars for the fight against cancer, and 81 percent of those funds have gone directly to support our programs and services for survivors.
2010
In 2010 we had functional expenses totaling $35,746,206, and 81 percent of every dollar raised went directly to programmatic funding totaling $28,954,426.”
Read more here http://goo.gl/YQzF2.

Please consider making a donation. Your tax deductible contribution would be one more weapon in this fight and would go a long way to help meet the needs of millions living with cancer. You can donate online at http://laf.livestrong.org/goto/lukeisthebikeman. Don't forget you can also follow me on my blog, Twitter (@lukethebikeman or @lukes5line) or Facebook!!
Thank you to those of you who have already donated. I am very excited with the amount of donations I have already received but the fight is still on to defeat cancer. And, I still have a long way to go to reach my goal. Check out my Tribute Wall (below) to see those I will be riding for in Austin. I will carry your loved one with me as well and put their name on the Wall of Honor in Austin with a donation, no matter the size. As always, my main inspiration and how I got started on this path was because of my grandfather (Poppy)! I think he would be proud!

LIVESTRONG

Tribute Wall


Jim Pemberton (my Poppy)-Angel
Scott Raffe-Angel
Theresa Hild-Angel
Mrs. Myers-Rose (survivor)
Aunt Norma Jo-Angel
Alex TeRuki (coach's father)-Angel
Austin Dej-Rose (survivor)
Christopher Parks-Fighter
Makenzee Highfill-Fighter
Loralei Decker-Fighter
Ronnie Slawson-Angel
Lance Armstrong-Rose (survivor)
Doug Ulman-Rose (survivor)
Chris Brewer-Rose (survivor)

No comments:

Post a Comment