Wednesday, April 4, 2012

DRAMA

Last week was the best and worst week in a long time! I was preparing for my first Race of Truth and two days before the race my bike was stolen!!!!! I'm not ashamed to say, I cried like a baby for my baby...MY BIKE!!! This felt like the worst thing since losing my Poppy! I had nightmares that night...a pit in my stomach for days! But...race day was still coming and I needed to be focused! 


So, I had a teammate go off just one minute in front of me. He's my friend but I kept thinking he stole my bike. Oh, this kept me focused! I am pleased to say I set a new PR. I took 4 minutes off my best time on this same course!! I was happy to get some good news when I had been feeling so sad! 


There has been some good out of all of this! I have been overwhelmed at how many offers from other cyclists to help me find a bike to ride, build up a bike, give me a frame or parts to help me rebuild a bike. This is so cool that so many would reach out to help! THANK YOU to EVERYONE who has offered help or came to my rescue! I feel honored!


OK...onto a new subject...I am so excited as I am getting ready to make a BIG announcement! There are still a few details to be worked out before I can tell. This is all I can say right now...100...100...5...more to come! 


STAY TUNED

No comments:

Post a Comment