Thursday, March 24, 2011

LIVESTRONG 2011 UPDATE



I started my 2011 LIVESTRONG journey by sending out a bunch of letters and emails. I posted to my blog and signed up on Twitter. OMG...things have really been happening! I have already received many donations and it's been great to hear from so many people! One person I was very excited to hear from was a gentleman I met at last year's LIVESTRONG Challenge! We became buddies and this year he made a donation via my fundraising page. I was so excited to later receive an email from him telling me more awesome news...he works for a company who is matching his donation! I can't tell you how excited I was when I read this news and to know we are going to see each other again this year! It has been so fun watching my LIVESTRONG themometer going up and up! 

I also made a donation bucket and put it at the bicycle shop, Buchanan Bicycles, who is a sponsor of my racing team!  So, if you happen to be in Buchanan Bicycles be sure to drop your change or a dollar or ten in my bucket!



 Ok, I told you I started a Twitter page and I have met so many really neat LIVESTRONGers! I have even met a couple who were married last year in Dripping Springs, TX the weekend of LIVESTRONG 2010. Their names are Brad and Jennifer! Brad even sent me a picture of their surprise wedding cake! Check it out! We've decided we are going to meet this year in Austin! It will be lots of fun!


There is also this really neat guy, Dylan Trakas, who works for LIVESTRONG. He and I were emailing each other as he was helping me with some questions I had. I felt really special when the other day I got the mail and there was a handwritten note from Dylan! He has been really helpful! Thanks Dylan! I hope we get to meet in Austin! 

I know I set a much bigger goal this year over last year but I really feel like I can reach it! My Poppy always told me I could do anything I really wanted and this is something I really want to do! HELPING OTHERS ROCKS! Poppy, I am going to do it! OK...so drumroll please...I have raised...wait for it...$1, 640 (including the matching gift that hasn't posted yet)!!! I am really excited! I still have many different types of fundraisers planned so I'm really feeling confident that I can reach my goal! It takes all of us working together to help defeat cancer! I even saw a show today on how nano technology may one day help attack and destroy cancer! It takes research and your donation helps! If you can help please click here to go to my fundraising page! Thank you for all you do!

2 comments:

  1. You are truly amazing! I can't wait to hear more about your accomplishments.....and meet you in Austin!

    LIVESTRONG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm following your blog and think you are the MOST amazing! Austin will be great! I plan to meet so many of my new LIVESTRONG friends there this year! Stay tuned...I'll keep updating!

    LIVESTRONG!!!

    ReplyDelete